The majority of the rivers in Canton Ticino epitomise an appealing tourist attraction because of their natural and panoramic enviroment , they are also ideal for leisure activities and the practice of various sports (such as swimming, canyoning, kayaking, scuba diving,…etc.).
Caution and common sense ! Especially near water flows you could be faced with potentially dangerous situations.
For your own safety:
- Always keep an eye on the children.
- Don’t camp on river banks or islets.
- Pay great attention to the weather: rain rapidly increases water levels.
- Pay attention to your surroundings and the features of the river: tight canyons and waterfalls are dangerous, syphons can’t be seen but they will trap anyone on the bottom of the water
- Follow the experts’ advice and suggestions.
- Pay attention and respect the signage near hydroelectric plants
Emergency medical assistance by air REGA
Tel (Within Switzerland): 1414
Tel (From abroad): +41 333 333 333
Emergency radio channel 161.300 MHz
Colonna di soccorso del Club Alpino Svizzero (CAS)
Tel (Within Switzerland): 1414 (Rega) or 117 (Police)
Tel: 117 and 112
Tel (Within Switzerland): 144