Because of their shape, water flows and lakes could potentially be very dangerous even for the long time experts. Freezing water, slick rocks, water streams, whirls, waterfalls and storms that cause sudden water level increseas… The practice of activities such as wakeboarding, windsurfing, standing paddle, nautical ski could increase the risks . Many danger not to be underestimated that require extreme caution, especially when there are children involved.
Caution and common sense! A simple and pleasant day spent by a river or a lake could easily turn into a tragedy because of carelessness and or negligence.
For your own safety:
- Only allow children near water if supervised-young children should be kept within arm’s reach!
- Never go into the water if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs! Never swim with a full or very empty stomach.
- Never jump into the water if you are overheated-Your body needs time to adjust.
- Do not dive into cloudy or unknown areas of water!-The unknown can be very dangerous.
- Airbeds and swimming aids should not be used in deep water! They do not offer any protection.
- Never swim long distances alone!-Even the best swimmer can experience an attack of weakness.
Emergency medical assistance by air REGA
Tel (Within Switzerland): 1414
Tel (From abroad): +41 333 333 333
Emergency radio channel 161.300 MHz
Colonna di soccorso del Club Alpino Svizzero (CAS)
Tel (Within Switzerland): 1414 (Rega) or 117 (Police)
Tel: 117 and 112
Tel (Within Switzerland): 144